Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Caprese Pizza with Goat Cheese Gluten Free


I love pizza. 

I had to go gluten free, I though * sad face* "No more pizza". 

Then I found Schar Gluten Free Pizza Crusts. At first I was leery, I thought they might taste funky and grainy like most of the gluten free bread products. 

When I made my fist pizza, I was like "OMG NOMZ!!" and decided to share my recipe with you. 

For this meal you will need the following:
Schar Pizza crusts
Mozzarella Cheese
Goat Cheese
Ragu pizza sauce (or your favorite kinds)
Pepperoni (or none if your not a meat eater)
Fresh Basil about 10-15 good size leaves

Preheat the oven to about 425F as per the package directions for the pizza crust. 


Take about 2-3 table spoons of sauce and plop it in the middle of the crust. Then spread in a circle from the middle out and leave about a 1/2 inch of crust remaining. 


I LOVE Basil. And cilantro, but that's for a different dish. 

Take your basil leave and stack them. You are about to do a fancy technique called a chiffonade, but its super simple and helps the flavor of the basil permeate the dish. 

Next to a tight roll of the leaves and they should look like the picture below. 

Now, please dont attempt to be a hippy and smoke it. It will only give you a headache.

What you need to do is take a sharp knife and slice it all the way to the end and it will look like the picture below. 


Time to cut the cheese! 

Take your mozzarella ball and slice it both long and short ways, then cube it to about 1/2 inch pieces. Trust me, if you don't most of your cheese will wind up on the cookie sheet or baking stone or what ever you use.  Mozzarella really spreads out. 


Crumble up the goat cheese log, small and big pieces are OK. Do realize tho that goat cheese tends to release a lot of moisture when hot and can make your pizza too soggy if you have a lot of itty bitty pieces. 



If you are using pepperoni, layer the meaty goodness first. 
Then sprinkle the mozzarella and goat cheese and leave about a 1/2 inch room for the spreading.
Take the basil and sprinkle it on the top of the pizza, save some for garnish if you choose. 



Place the pizza on a cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Non Stick Foil. Dont spray the sheet, it just makes the pizza crust bottom moist. I like a crunchy crust, but not burnt. Or use a pizza stone.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes and when it comes out it should look as yummy as the picture, but please dont lick your screen. 


I said DON'T lick it!

Let it cool about 5 minutes and then slice and serve.

Enjoy!

Yum!

Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment